The fire curtain held within the CDMS has been designed and tested to reduce the affect of flames impingement and radiant heat during a burn over or any other similar situation.
1. Pull down on the single release catch located in the centre of the curtain lid; this will unlock the front cover.
2. Pull down on the yellow handrail located on the front edge of the cover until it is all the way down.
3. Position yourself under the haven area.
4. Once inside, release the Velcro straps on the drop down curtains and allow them to fall to the crew deck floor.
5. When the curtains are deployed ensure that each corner of the curtain is straightened out to complete the sealed